Welcome to CEI Early College Programs
Where will your journey take you?
Early College Programs (ECP) allow students to individualize their high school education while getting a jump-start into their future. These options include:
- Early College on CEI's campus (concurrent)
- Early College at the high school (dual credit)
- Technical Competency Credit
- Advanced Placement programs
What is Fast Forward and how does it apply to me?
The Fast Forward program provides every student attending an Idaho public school an allocation of $4,125.00 to use towards Advanced Opportunities in grades 7-12. The program was expanded by the Legislature in 2016 through the passing of House Bill 458. The fund can be used for:
An overload course is a high school level course that is taken in excess of the student’s regular school day. These courses are offered online, during the summertime, and after school. In the event that student incurs a cost for such courses, the Fast Forward program can pay up to $225.00 for the cost of the course. Overload courses must be above and beyond the full course load offered by the student’s local school. Check with your high school counselor for more information.
Dual credit are courses taken by high school students that are transcribed on their high school and college transcripts. The Fast Forward program can pay for up to $75.00 per credit, and in most cases, the cost of these credits is $65.00. Dual Credit courses can also be taken online, by virtual conferencing, or in some cases students can go directly to the college/university campus. More information on specific Idaho colleges and universities can be found in the Links tab on the http://www.sde.idaho.gov/student-engagement/advanced-ops/index.html weblink.
Student can utilize Fast Forward funds to pay for a variety of college-credit bearing or professional technical exams. These include Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), or Career & Technical Education (CTE) exams. A full list of qualifying exams is available in the Resource Files on the http://www.sde.idaho.gov/student-engagement/advanced-ops/index.html weblink.
Idaho Jobs Need You — SkillStack PowerPoint Presentation
Early College Programs
(208) 535-5309 Main
(208) 525-7026 Fax
Christofferson Building #3 Room 377
Office Hours: 8am-5pm, M-F
Region 6 Dual Credit Coordinator
Region 6 Transition Coordinator
- Associate of Arts or Science Journey Checklist
- College Cost Comparison Chart
- Dual Credit Faculty Mentor Handbook
- Early College at CEI (Concurrent Credit) Packet
- Early College Credit Tracking Form
- Early College in the High School (Dual Credit) Packet
- Early College Programs Flyer
- Guidelines for Dual Credit Accommodations
- Idaho Nuclear Occupations Prezi
- Release of Information Authorization
- SkillStack & Career Atlas Lesson Plan
- Technical Competency Credit (TCC) Request Form