Career & Technical Competency Program For Students
SIMPLE STEPS TO OBTAINING YOUR TECHNICAL COMPETENCY CREDIT:
For students who have completed the capstone course that is eligible for college credit at their high school, information will be sent at the completion of the school year from the postsecondary institution on how to obtain credits. It will provide the student with the following instructions for claiming the college credits issued through the College of Eastern Idaho (CEI):
- Complete all required Skill competencies through your high school CTE program, pass your (TSA) Technical Skills Assessment for the capstone class, and pass any required post-secondary skill exams required to obtain official credit.
- Complete and sign a Credit Request form.
- Send the completed form to:
College of Eastern Idaho
1600 S. 25th E.
Idaho Falls, ID 83404
- The student must request CEI to transcript Technical Competency Credits no later than two years after completing the course or postsecondary exam (when applicable) at $10 per credit upon enrollment at CEI.
- There is no additional cost for issuing the first transcript when the credits are initially purchased; additional transcripts are issued at a fee of $10.00 per transcript.
- The student may receive college credit for any or all of the courses for which he/she qualifies. (Please make sure the credits apply to the official College Program of study before purchasing the credits) Payment for the courses you wish to transcript must be attached to the Credit Request form and the form must be completed in its entirety and signed by the student.
Please remember, students are not necessarily at a loss if they choose not to purchase the CTE credits, especially if they do not apply to the related degree program or if they will not benefit the student to purchase them.
DISCLAIMER: As of August 1st 2015, The State Board of Education policy IIIY changed stating that all high school advanced opportunity credits earned as of the 2015-2016 school year, must be purchased within 2 years from the completion of the course or postsecondary exam (when applicable).
As of March 2016 The State Board of Education policy IIIY changed stating that credits are granted by the post-secondary institution for which the agreement is with and are transcribed at the time the student enrolls at the postsecondary institution.
For all courses taken prior to the 2015-2016 school year, College of Eastern Idaho will honor the prior policy stating all credits earned prior to 2015 must be purchased within 3 years from the time of graduation.
2015 graduates – Your potential college credits expire 5-31-18.
Advanced Opportunities Office
Building #3 Room 334
Fax (208) 524-3007
Region 6 Dual / Transition Coordinator
- Advanced Opportunies Flyer
- Associate of Arts Journey
- Associate of Science Journey
- CATEMA Teacher Grade Guide
- College Cost Comparison Chart
- Concurrent Enrollment Form
- Credit Request Form
- Dual Credit Journeys (2018-2019)
- Dual Credit Tracking Form
- Guidelines for Dual Credit Accommodations
- SkillStack & Career Atlas Lesson Plan