Career & Technical Competency Program For Students
SIMPLE STEPS TO OBTAINING YOUR TECHNICAL COMPETENCY CREDIT:
For students who have completed the capstone course that is eligible for college credit at their high school, the information will be sent at the completion of the school year from the postsecondary institution on how to obtain credits. It will provide the student with the following instructions for claiming the college credits issued through the College of Eastern Idaho (CEI):
- Complete all required Skill competencies through your high school CTE program, pass your (TSA) Technical Skills Assessment for the capstone class, and pass any required post-secondary skill exams required to obtain official credit.
- Complete and sign a Credit Request form.
- Send the completed form to:
College of Eastern Idaho
Early College Advanced opportunities
Attn: Transition Coordinator
1600 S. 25th E., Idaho Falls, ID 83404
- The student must request CEI to transcript Technical Competency Credits no later than two years after completing the course or postsecondary exam (when applicable) at $10 per credit upon enrollment at CEI.
- There is no additional cost for issuing the first transcript when the credits are initially purchased; additional transcripts are issued at a fee of $10.00 per transcript.
- The student may receive college credit for any or all of the courses for which he/she qualifies. (Please make sure the credits apply to the official College Program of study before purchasing the credits.) Payment for the courses you wish to transcript must be attached to the Credit Request form and the form must be completed in its entirety and signed by the student.
Technical Competency Credits may apply differently to specific programs. Credits should be purchased with a clear understanding of how it may benefit the student. For questions, please call Tonya Tracy (208) 535-5330.
Early College Programs
(208) 535-5309 Main
(208) 525-7026 Fax
Christofferson Building #3 Room 333
Office Hours: 8am-5pm, M-F
Director, Early College Programs
Region 6 Transition Coordinator
Building #6, Room 101D
- Advanced Opportunities
- Early College Change of Programs Form
- Early College Credit Tracking Form
- Early College Packet
- Guidelines for Dual Credit Accommodations
- Idaho Course Transfer
- Idaho JobScape
- Idaho Nuclear Occupations Prezi
- Next Steps Idaho
- Release of Information Authorization
- SkillStack & Career Atlas Lesson Plan
- State Board of Ed "The Facts"
- Technical Competency Credit (TCC) Request Form