- RN & LPN application packets for Spring 2020 will be available after August 30.
- Applicants must now have an active CNA license to apply for the RN and LPN program effective for the Spring 2019 application period.
The Registered Nursing program is operated with the approval of the State Board of Nursing. Successful completion of the program requirements earns an Associate of Applied Science degree in nursing and makes the student eligible to sit for the state licensure examination (RN-NCLEX) to become a licensed registered nurse.
Enrollment in the RN program is limited. Because of the number of applicants, completion of all admission requirements does not ensure acceptance into the program. Candidates for admission are selected from the pool of qualified applicants using a point-based process. CEI no longer requires students to complete a licensed practical nursing program as a prerequisite to enroll in its registered nursing program.
For more detailed information: RN Admissions Handout
What do our students learn?
- Monitor patient conditions
- Update patient medical records
- Discuss treatment with physicians
- Perform tests on patients
- Operate various medical equipment
- Inform patients on health, conditions, and treatments
- Perform basic and advanced Cardiac Life support
- Create treatment plans
- Give acute, long-term, home, hospice, ER, and critical care
How long will it take?
Associate of Applied Science Degree
- 1 Full-time Semester of qualifying pre-requisites
- 4 Full-time Semesters in Professional Program
Why CEI's RN program?
- Lowest Cost in Idaho
- 90% average pass rates on the national license exam
- 12:1 student-to-teacher ratio
- Interactive nursing & simulation lab
- Over 600 lab hours
- Experienced Instructors
- High job placement
Where are our graduates working?
- Regional Hospitals
- Care centers
- Home health care
- Rehabilitation centers
- Physicians' offices
- Urgent care centers
- Surgical centers
How much do our graduates make?
Over the last 5 years, our graduates started out averaging $43,680 to $65,520 a year (Based on a 2080 work year, wage information is given within the first year of employment).
99.26% (Average positive placement for graduates over the past 5 years)
Admissions Counselor Health Professions
Katie Smith MSCS
Health Professions Computer Testing Lab