Grievance Procedure

College of Eastern Idaho has adopted an internal grievance procedure providing for prompt and equitable resolution of complaints alleging any action prohibited by the ADAAA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. If an individual with a disability believes he/she has been discriminated against he/she has the right to file a grievance by following the steps below. College of Eastern Idaho’s DRC has been given the responsibility of determining and approving a student’s need for accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids. All requests for accommodations or assistance should first be filed with the DRC, following the College’s published accommodations request procedure. If the student believes the DRC’s decision is discriminatory on the basis of disability, the student should first meet with the DRC to review the decision. If an acceptable conclusion cannot be reached, the student may request a review of the decision.

grievance Procedure

Guidelines for Dual Credit Accommodations

Accommodations for dual credit courses will be arranged within the high school that the student attends.

These accommodations will follow the guidelines of college level accommodations, and follow the same standards as students who attend classes on College of Eastern Idaho’s campus. If the student has an IEP or a 504, dual credit accommodations may be different.

Dual Credit Accommodations

Department guidelines

For more information regarding Department of disabilities guidelines click on the link below

Department Guidelines

Know Your Rights & Responsibilities

For more information click on the link below

Rights & Responsibilities

High School vs. College

Key differences for Students with Disabilities in High School vs College

High School vs. College

Dan Bruderer, Senior Coordinator
Alexander D. Creek Building #5, Room 591
(208) 535-5462